How many snacks are too many snacks?
Quick snacks are all we need to relieve ourselves from everyday stress sometimes. Is it the weather or just our cravings that call for hot snacks every evening?
Whatever it is, we have to please our stomachs!
Have you ever thought of making healthy snacks at home quickly to go with your tea and Gupshups? If your answer is No, then also, give it a thought.
PESH KIYA HAI!
3 super delicious evening snack recipes using bread:
Bread pocket chicken shawarma
All you need:
- Bread slices
- Beaten Egg
- Bread crumbs
- Chopped onion- ¼ cup
- Grated carrot-¼ cup
- Chopped cucumber-¼ cup
- Cooked shredded chicken- 1 cup
- Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder- ½ tbsp
- Mayonnaise- 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
How to make:
- Take 2 bread and cut out a round shape using any lid and gently press them together using a chapati roller or anything.
- Don’t throw away the edges of the bread, just grind it and your bread crumbs are ready.
- Now take two bread discs and dip them in the beaten egg. Coat them in bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil and fry them on medium flame and keep flipping the sides till golden brown. Drain it and keep it aside.
- Prepare the filling by mixing all veggies, shredded chicken, pepper, salt, lemon juice and Mayonnaise.
- Now take the fried bread discs and cut them in half.
- Just fill the stuffing into bread pockets and serve hot.
- 2 tbsp oil/ ghee
- Mustard seeds- 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- ½ tbsp
- Dry red chillies- 2
- Turmeric powder
- Red chilli powder
- Finely chopped onions- ⅓ cups
- Finely chopped green chillies- ½ tbsp
- Finely chopped ginger- ½ tbsp
- 6 to 7 curry leaves – chopped
- Finely chopped tomatoes- ⅓ cups
- Curry leaves
How to prepare:
- Chop the bread slices into small cubes.
- Make bread crumbs out of dense slices and parts by grinding them.
- Heat oil/ghee in a pan and do a tadka using mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Now start adding chopped onions, finely chopped green chillies, and finely chopped ginger. Stir and saute for about 10 to 12 seconds.
- Then add finely chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix them well until well cooked and dry.
- It’s time to add the bread cubes.
- Mix the bread well with the rest of the mixture and cook it on a low flame for about 5 minutes till it’s crispy and soft.
- Top it off with chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice and have it instantly for a better taste.
These are just two very easy ones I have picked up so that even a beginner can try this without any hassle.
Cravings are your stomach’s language asking for more love and care. And when you crave never ignore them, quench your cravings by making these easy-peasy snacks.
Do tell us in the comments how it tasted! Also, let us know what you want to read next.