Hmm….!! So, finally it’s your season, isn’t it? I am very sure, you must be looking for something great to cook or bakhttps://www.pankhuri.co/master-class/course/970e, right? With Christmas, one of the most awaited occasions ever, it must be so difficult to come up with some exceptional mouth-watering recipes ever to make people remember you for your cooking skills!
We are here at your rescue in your kitchen!
WELCOME TO SOME KICK-ASS BAKING IDEAS– 2021 Edition!
- CHRISTMAS ROCKY ROAD-
This is one of the easiest recipes out there in making of which you can take help from your kids as well. Show your creativity any way you like and make this dish as your signature style.
For this, all you need is–
- 100gms of butter, cut into cubes and a bit extra for tin.
- 250gms of Christmas Biscuits (for ex: chocolate biscuits, shortbread).
- 75gms of shelled nuts
- 100gms of dry fruits (raisins, cherries, glace ginger, etc.)
- 75gms of Christmas sweets (candy canes, marshmallows, jelly sweets, etc.)
- 400gms of milk or plain chocolate, chopped.
- 140gms of golden syrup (weigh this into the pan that you’ll use for melting)
- 2 tbsp of sprinkles, more sweets. (This is to decorate.)
Now that you have all the ingredients, let’s hop into the kitchen and start with our masterpiece, shall we? Before you start with the making of your dish, don’t forget to read the recipe properly, so while making, you’ll be prepared with the next step without much hassle.
- Butter a 20cm square tin. You can also use a silicone mould for this.
- Then, break the biscuits into small pieces (but not too small like a pea. Also make sure that they are not too chunky) else the rocky road won’t stick and hold together.
- Snap the larger nuts and halve them. You can also cut with a knife with care. Now is the time to combine these nuts with the broken biscuits. Choose your favorite dry fruits (from the list above) and halve them. Then chop or snap sweets into way smaller pieces, adding it to a bowl.
- Melt 300 gms of chocolate, butter and golden syrup in a pan, on low flame. Keep stirring occasionally. Later pour this over the biscuit & nuts mixture. Mix them together to cover everything with the chocolate.
- Tip this mixture in a tin. Level it to the top. It’s not compulsory if it’s not smooth. Melt the remaining chocolate in the microwave in short blasts. You can also use a heat proof bowl in a pan of simmering water, then drizzle over the top & sprinkle with decoration purpose.
- Chill for at least 3 hrs or overnight before you cut into squares. Then keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- MELTED SNOWMAN GIANT BUTTONS-
Celebrating Christmas without a snowman? Nope! Not possible. Think of it as an unspoken rule! 😛 Well, every kid loves snowmen and what could be better than having snowmen as delicious treats.
For this, the ingredients that you need are-
- 200 gms of white chocolate.
- 10 large white marshmallows (for vegetarians, go for veg marshmallow).
- 20 mini pretzel sticks.
- Handful of colorful sugar-coated chocolates.
- Black & orange edible icing pens.
Oh! You are finally ready with all the ingredients, why wait? Hurry and let’s start, girl!
- Firstly, melt the chocolate in the heat proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Make sure that the bowl doesn’t touch the water else in 20-25 seconds, the bowl will break into pieces in a microwave.
- Next, you have to line 2 baking trays with baking parchment & spoon over puddles of the melted chocolate (approximately 6cms in diameter).
- Stick a marshmallow “head” into the middle of each, followed by 2 pretzel “arms” alongside the head.
- It’s time to decorate it with 2 colorful chocolate “buttons”.
- Leave it so set for at least 2-3 hours or maybe overnight as well.
- Now show your creativity skills! Draw black eyes & mouths & an orange carrot nose onto the marshmallow head using edible icing pen and then leave it to set for 30 minutes.
Pro Tip:- You can also gift these by wrapping it. It can be kept in a cool container for upto 5 days.
- CHRISTMAS TRUFFLE-
Ooohhhh! Yummmm!!! The name “truffle” itself is so mouth-watering. Isn’t it? And now imagine you making tasty truffles on your own and that too with a hint of Christmas to it. Now before the train leaves the station, let’s hop on the MAGICAL KITCHEN TRAIN and do wonders.
To make Christmas Truffle, you need–
- 150gms of chopped dark chocolate.
- 150gms of chopped milk chocolate.
- 150ml of double cream.
- 50gms of unsalted butter.
- For coating- Cocoa butter, sprinkles, lustre powder, icing sugar, chopped nuts.
- Flavourless oil (for example: sunflower), used for shaping.
- Put the dark as well as milk chocolate in a bowl. Put the cream & butter in a pan & bring to a simmer.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and stir until it melts.
- Leave it to cool. After that, chill in the fridge for 6-7 hours.
- Put the coating into a separate bowl. To shape the truffle, lightly rub your hands with flavourless oil & roll teaspoons of the truffle mix between your palms! Yikes! Gonna get a bit messy! But it’s okay. Everything is worth it in the end!
- Gently roll the truffles in the bowl until evenly coated. Put in a box and chill.
TIP- STORE IN THE FRIDGE IN AN AIRTIGHT CONTAINER FOR 3 DAYS. YOU CAN ALSO FREEZE FOR UP TO A MONTH.