Hello bakers!!! It’s the season of love and we should not leave a chance to make this day more special than it already is!
For some of us with a sweet tooth, a meal is incomplete if it does not end with a good dessert. And when there are special occasions like these we always tend to feel like – “I want to have a good body, but not as much as I want dessert.” So here are some mouth watering recipes which won’t disappoint you at the end of your meal!
- BLACKBERRY CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES!
If there is one sweet I think we can all pretty much agree on its chocolate. Chocolate Ice cream, Chocolate Cupcakes, Chocolate Pudding, oh my! I don’t ever need an excuse to eat chocolate, but if there’s one readily available, then I’m more than happy to take advantage of it.
For this all you need is:
- Flour: Use all-purpose flour or a 50/50 combination of AP flour and whole wheat flour.
- Sugar: Use regular sugar, organic cane sugar, or an unrefined alternative like coconut sugar or date sugar.
- Cocoa powder: Use unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder. Dark cocoa will also work if you have some and be even more decadent.
- Dairy-free chocolate chips: You can use semi-sweet chocolate chips, though bitter-sweet or even vegan white chocolate chips/chunks would also work.
- Baking Powder: To provide lift and texture to the vegan blackberry muffins.
- Salt: Just a pinch will enhance the flavours in these dairy-free chocolate blackberry muffins.
- Water: To get the batter to the correct consistency.
- Oil: Use neutral cooking oil like vegetable oil, canola oil, avocado oil, or melted coconut oil.
- Vanilla extract: Use natural vanilla for the best flavour.
- Berries: You can use fresh or frozen berries. We used blackberries, but you could also adapt this plant-based recipe to chocolate raspberry muffins, chocolate blueberry muffins, etc.
1) Preheat the oven to 375F/190C and prepare a muffin tin with liners (or grease the muffin tin).
2) Then, combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt), and mix to combine.
3) Add water, oil, and vanilla and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter, as it can overwork the gluten and lead to dense vegan blackberry muffins.
4) Carefully fold the blackberries (or berries of your choice) and vegan chocolate chips into the batter. You can leave the berries whole or slightly mashed depending on how big you want the pieces to be distributed through the muffins.
5) Divide the dairy-free chocolate berry batter between the muffin liners. Then, bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean (a few crumbs are fine, but no wet batter).
6) Finally, allow the vegan chocolate berry muffins to cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes (or entirely if you plan to add a frosting)—enjoy!
- CARROT CAKE MUFFINS!
Try these vegan carrot muffins which are light, tasty and perfect for anytime of the year! Moreover, it’s healthy and an absolute delicacy by the end of your meal!
All you need is:
- 1 cup ALMOND MILK – or any plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 ½ cup All-purpose Flour
- ½ cup Unrefined Cane Sugar
- ½ cup Light brown sugar – or coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ cup Light olive oil – or any vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups grated carrots
- ½ cup chopped pecans – or walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 12-hole muffin tray with a paper liner. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk lemon juice and almond milk. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and add olive oil, vanilla extract and almond milk mixture.
- Combine, scraping down the sides to bring all the ingredients together, and it forms a smooth batter.
- Stir in grated carrots and chopped nuts until well distributed into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly into the 12 muffin holes.
- Bake on the centre rack of your oven for 20-25 minutes or until they are golden brown and a pick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool down on a rack completely before adding any frosting.
3) FLUFFY CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
There is nothing better than a perfect mousse dessert for the evening! It’s light, creamy and moreover, it tastes delicious! An ideal dessert for a lousy evening,
ALL YOU NEED IS:
- 6 oz. semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- Whipped topping, for garnish
- Chocolate shavings, for garnish
- Fill the bottom of a large pot with 3 cups of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, then place a large heatproof bowl on top. Add chocolate and butter and stir occasionally until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, or in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat heavy cream with powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt until stiff peaks form.
- Want to learn more? Learn these delicious recipes from scratch with us in the masterclasses right here: https://pankhuri.co/master-class
4) RED VELVET SPONGE CAKE
Nothing’s better than a classic red velvet for dessert be it day or night!
For this ALL YOU NEED IS:
- 195 grams / 1 ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoon all purpose flour/maida
- 30 grams /1/4 cup cornstarch
- 8 grams / 1.5 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 200 grams / 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup canola / flavourless oil
- 250 ml / 1 cup thick buttermilk/chaas
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar/ lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 – 2 tablespoon red food colour to achieve desired red colour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F, 180 degree C.
- Prepare the baking pans.
- Sieve all dry ingredients in one bowl. Give it a quick mix with a dry spoon .
Loved the recipe so far? Let’s learn together with the experts of baking https://pankhuri.co/master-class
And VOILA!!! These are some amazing recipes you must try for this season. Afterall, “Dessert is an opportunity to make something beautiful as well as delicious.” And I for one am not letting go of this opportunity come what may, are you?