5 QUICK AND EASY SNACK RECIPES USING BREAD
Are there times where you think Oh my god! There are no snacks at home? And nothing annoys you more than this? Well, every problem has a solution and moreover,you don’t need any kind of complicated recipes!!! Here are some quick, fun & easy bread snack recipes that you will adore once you try them!
- BREAD UPMA
Bread upma is a quick and easy Indian snack recipe that’s also a fantastic way to use up any leftover bread! All of the necessary components will be readily available in your home, and it will be simple to prepare at any time of day.
- 4 cups bread pieces
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 6 to 7 curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida powder
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 finely chopped green chilies
- 1 medium finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- Cut up bread into small bite size pieces.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan and add cumin seeds. When the seeds change the colour to brown, add the curry leaves, asafoetida (Hing), ginger, green chilies and onion and peanuts. Sauté on a medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, and water. Mix well and cook on a medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes while stirring frequently.
- Add the bread, mix well so the spice mixture coats the bread pieces. Cook on a medium heat for 2 minute, while stirring frequently. Turn the heat off. Add the cilantro and lemon juice and mix well. Serve hot. Enjoy !!
- BREAD CUTLET RECIPE
This delectable Indian snack is perfect for an evening get-together or just a high tea! All you need is bread, mashed potatoes with a few vegetables, and the correct frying technique to serve a simple and easy snack!
- 4 White Bread Slices (or brown bread)
- 1 Large Potato, boiled, peeled and mashed
- ⅓ cup Green Peas (fresh or frozen), boiled
- ⅓ cup Grated Cabbage
- ⅓ cup Grated Carrot
- 2 tablespoons + ⅓ cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 medium Onion finely chopped
- 1-2 Green Chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Grated Ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1+3 tablespoons Oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 grated Cheese Cubes and Tomato Ketchup for garnishing.
- In a pan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Sauté the finely chopped onion for about 1-2 minutes, or until light brown. Sauté for 30 seconds with the grated ginger and green chilis.
- Garam masala powder, grated carrots, grated cabbage, boiling peas
- After 1–2 minutes of sautéing of the vegetables, remove the pan from the heat and pour the prepared mixture into a large mixing basin. Allow to cool at room temperature for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove each piece of bread from the water as soon as possible. Squeeze out any extra water and toss it in with the vegetables. Add 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs, lemon juice, and salt to the mashed boiling potato.
- Taste for salt and, if necessary, add more.
- Make balls out of the mixture by dividing it into 8 equal sections. If you’re having trouble forming balls, try adding 1-2 tablespoons of dry breadcrumbs. Make a 1/2-inch thick pattie out of each ball by flattening it.
- On a dish, spread out 1/3 cup of dry breadcrumbs. Transfer each pattie to a new plate after rolling it in it to coat its surface with it. For each pattie, repeat the procedure.
- Drizzle 2-3 teaspoons of oil into a non-stick shallow frying pan over medium heat. Put a few cutlets on it and lightly fry them over medium heat until the bottom surface is light golden brown.
- Flip them carefully and shallow fry the other side until golden brown, using 1 teaspoon of oil each side. To make both sides golden brown, flip and heat as needed. On a medium burner, each side will take around 2 minutes to fry. Place the cutlet on a platter that has been shallow-fried.
- Prepare for serving by shallow-frying the remaining ones. Add shredded cheese and tomato ketchup to each one before serving.
- CHEESE CHUTNEY ROLLS
This is the quickest and most delicious 5-minute dish you’ll ever come across! This is a great way to use up leftover bread and chutney, and it’s also a great way to brighten up a dreary day!
- GREEN CHUTNEY
- MOZZARELLA CHEESE
- BLACK PEPPER
- SALT AS PER TASTE
- Cut the edges of the bread.
- Roll & flatten the bread
- Apply Butter & Green chutney like a spread on the bread
- Add mozzarella cheese & sprinkle some black pepper ( add salt if needed)
- Roll the bread carefully and keep it aside.
- Take a pan and add some oil at medium heat, place the rolls in the pan and fry until golden brown. VOILA!! It’s ready!
- BREAD BHAJJI
A simple canteen dish that goes great with tea or coffee! This is a great snack to have on hand throughout the cold winter months or on rainy days; and it’s a saviour for a last minute snack, if you have to treat someone!
- 5 slices Bread
- ½ cup Besan flour/ Gram flour
- ¼ cup rice flour
- ½ tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ⅛ tsp Cooking soda
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Measure and take besan and rice flour and transfer to a wide mixing bowl.Add red chilli powder,ginger garlic paste,required salt and whisk it well for even mixing.
- Then add water little by little to form a semi runny batter slightly thicker than dosa batter.It should be free flowing but not too runny as shown.Set aside.
- Trim the edges of bread slices and cut it diagonally to form triangles.Now add cooking soda to the batter.
- You can see small bubbles frothing which shows the activeness of soda.Dip each triangle piece of bread slice on both sides.
- Heat oil, add the bread slices, turn over and cook on both sides till golden.Cook in low medium flame to avoid burning.Drain in tissue paper and serve hot.
- Serve hot!
5) GARLIC CHEESE TOAST
This recipe is perfect for a birthday party or a regular morning breakfast. This is a great toast to have for breakfast if you’re tired of the same old butter toast or a sandwich.
- 2 tbsp butter (softened)
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 5 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp pepper (crushed)
- ½ tsp mixed herbs (basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, sage, thyme, chilli flakes)
- 2 tbsp coriander / parsley (finely chopped)
- 4 slices bread (white / brown)
- 1 tsp butter (to toast)
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 2 tbsp butter and ¾ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Now also add 5 clove garlic, ½ tsp pepper, ½ tsp mixed herbs and 2 tbsp coriander.
- combine well making sure everything is mixed well.
- Now spread 2 tbsp of garlic cheese stuffing over a slice of bread.
- toast with some butter or preheat & bake at 180 degree celsius for 10 minutes.
- make sure to cover and simmer for 3 minutes or till the cheese melts completely.
- Finally, cut to desired shape and serve cheese garlic cheese toast or cheese garlic bread.
That’s it! Try out these simple recipes for a great weekday snack or a relaxing weekend. Don’t worry you won’t regret trying out these tasty delights!!
So, what are you waiting for! Try these recipes and let us know how it goes…