Your hair is the first and most noticeable feature that defines your appearance. It’s no surprise that aestheticians and beauty professionals refer to it as the “crowning glory.” After all, hair is a crown we never take off, so we should always keep it looking preened, polished, and gorgeous.
However, with constantly changing lifestyles and poor eating habits, nutritional deficiencies have become the norm. According to recent studies, more than half of people between the ages of 18 and 50, suffer from severe hair loss, with major causes including hormonal imbalances, nutritional deficiency-related lifestyle disorders, pollution, stress, and scalp infections.
If you’re tired of seeing hair strands on your brush and around the shower drain, here are a few home remedies that can help you overcome this issue.
1. EGG HAIR MASK
Don’t skip over this option just because you don’t like the smell of eggs. It’s rich in Protein, Zinc, Phosphorous, Sulphur that makes eggs the best remedy to reduce hair fall. Eggs strengthen hair strands, promote hair growth and prevent split ends. Once you regularise this routine your nose gets accustomed to the smell.
To make the mask:
- In a bowl, combine one egg white and a teaspoon of olive oil and honey.
- Make a paste with the ingredients and apply it all over your body, from root to tip.
- Rinse with a gentle shampoo after 20 minutes.
This tea contains antioxidants, which aid in hair growth and prevent hair loss.
- Depending on the length of your hair, soak two to three tea bags in one to two cups of hot water.
- Pour this over your scalp and hair after it has cooled, while gently massaging your head.
- After an hour, rinse with cool water.
Beetroot contains vitamins C and B6, as well as folate, manganese, betaine, and potassium, all of which are necessary for healthy hair growth. Furthermore, it acts as a detoxification agent by keeping the scalp clean.
- Boil 7-8 beetroot leaves and grind with 5-6 henna leaves to make a paste.
- Apply this paste to your scalp and leave it on for 15-20 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
Aloe Vera is a powerful home remedy for hair loss and hair growth. It is also useful for treating scalp issues such as itching and flaking.
- Extract the pulp from the Aloe Vera stalk.
- Apply it to your scalp and hair and leave it on for 45 minutes.
- Rinse with plain water. To see better results, repeat this process three to four times per week.
HOW YOU CAN AVOID HAIRFALL
1. Routine Trims
Hair is most damaged near the tips, and a good trim every six to eight weeks can help alleviate your problems. Damaged hair has a straw-like texture and can be trimmed to encourage growth and remove split ends.
Stress is a major contributor to a wide range of health issues, including hair loss. It can also cause hair to grey prematurely by interfering with the growth process. Again, regular meditation and yoga practice can be beneficial in relieving stress.
3. Steer clear of hot showers
As soothing as hot showers are, they dehydrate strands (just like skin) and strip the scalp of its natural oils, resulting in dry, brittle hair that’s more prone to breakage.Instead, use lukewarm water to rinse your hair and try to rinse it with the coldest temperature possible.
4. Wet Hair Combing
When wet, our strands become more fragile and prone to breakage. As a result, it’s critical to use a wide-toothed comb or let them air-dry before styling.
5. Putting on Tight Hairstyles
Tightly pulling your hair from the roots causes damage and should be avoided. It’s also a good idea not to tie your hair up too tightly while sleeping. Make sure to use silk scrunchies and silk pillowcases.
Now that we are aware of the do’s and don’ts of haircare let’s follow it religiously to see any prominent results. Home remedies are effective only if practised regularly. Hair care is the new skincare. So, lovelies don’t forget to do something about your hair fall in the early stages. That’s it for today. See you tomorrow.