Hosting a kitty party at home may appear to be a fun idea at first, but when it comes down to it, it is a lot of chaos. From planning the theme to coming up with fun games, selecting gifts, and, most importantly, preparing the food, it all appears to be one big job that takes a lot of time and effort. Kitty parties have long been a popular way for women to socialise and mingle with one another in their spare time. It includes fun games and contests for members with the goal of saving money along the way.
The majority of kitty parties take place once or twice a month, with each member taking turns hosting it at her home. While some kitty party members decide to have a potluck, others simply take turns hosting the entire party. Of course, the food is the most important aspect of any party, and kitty parties are no exception. It is not only an addition to the event to satisfy hunger, but also a conversation starter for the ladies to bond over while eating. Since kitty parties are usually held in the late afternoon after lunch, they usually consist of only delectable snacks and beverages.
So, if you’re hosting a kitty party at home and don’t know what kitty party snacks to make, don’t worry. We’ve compiled a list of delectable appetiser recipes that you can easily prepare at home to satisfy the appetites of all the ladies in your kitty group.
You can serve welcome drinks to your guests as soon as they walk in. Lemonade may be simple, but the way you serve it can elevate it to fancy. Choose the most elegant glass jug in your kitchen and fill it with lemonade, ice cubes, and lemon slices in your serving pitcher. Serve your guests lemonade in a mason jar with a colourful straw (ideal for the summer—very tropical), ice cubes, lemon slices, and mint leaves. Presentation is essential. Make use of the images as inspiration for your presentation.
- 1 cup sugar or jaggery if you’re health conscious (can reduce to 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup water (for the simple syrup)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 to 3 cups cold water (to dilute)
- 1 tsp salt
- Make “simple syrup”
Dilute the sugar (or jaggery) and salt in water.
- Juice the lemons
Juice your lemons. Depending on the size of the lemons, 4 to 6 of them should be enough for one cup of juice.
Combine lemon juice, simple syrup, water
Pour the juice and the simple syrup sugar water into a serving pitcher. Add 2 to 3 cups of cold water and taste. Add more water if you would like it to be more diluted (though note that when you add ice, it will melt and naturally dilute the lemonade).
If the lemonade is a little sweet for your taste, add a little more straight lemon juice to it.
Refrigerate for 30 to 40 minutes.
Falafel patties are high in plant-power and protein from chickpeas, leaving you feeling full and satisfied. If you and your friends are health conscious like me this is the best option for your small bites for your kitty party. Serve it with mint chutney or Mayonnaise. Click on the heading for the recipe.
TBH, this is my favourite comfort food. I have a huge sweet tooth. There can’t be a party without a little chocolate. What could be more enjoyable than chocolate chip pancakes for your kitty party? Nothing, really.
This is clearly my favourite recipe for chocolate chip pancakes. Click on the heading to savour the recipe.
Oatmeal Cheese Straws
The ideal finger food to serve at a kitty party! Cheese straws are coated with oats and baked with a combination of chilli powder, mustard powder, kasoori methi, butter, flour, and oodles of cheese, making it a delicious snack to enjoy at a kitty party.
- 50 gms rolled oats (grounded)
- 50 gms flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
- A pinch of chilli powder
- 1 tsp crumbled kasoori Methi
- 25 gms chilled butter (diced)
- 80 gms cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- Sieve flour, baking powder, mustard and chilli powder together.
- Add the kasoori methi. Add the butter and rub into the flour mixture with fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add 50 gm grated cheese and ground oats. Bind with enough beaten eggs to form soft but not sticky dough.
- Knead lightly on a floured surface until smooth. Cover & chill dough for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Roll out on a floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Brush dough with a little milk and press on the 30 gm remaining cheese.
- Cut into strips 3″ long and 1/4″ wide and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven 180 deg cel/350 deg F, for about ten minutes or until golden in colour.
- Remove from the tray and cool on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container.
Who doesn’t enjoy crunchy, small popcorn? And when it’s made of chicken, it’s even better! Tiny, bite-sized chicken pieces are seasoned with black pepper, ginger-garlic paste, and paprika before being fried to create piping hot, crispy, and crunchy chicken popcorns! It goes well with a tangy dip.
- 250 gms chicken (boneless)
- 2 tbsp corn flour or all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder (optional)
- 3/4 tsp red chilli powder or paprika or cayenne pepper
- oil for deep frying
- To a mixing bowl, add paprika or red chilli powder, pepper powder, ginger garlic or garlic powder, masala powder (or any seasoning) and salt.
- Mix well and taste the mixture. Adjust the salt and spice as needed.
- Cut chicken into tiny bite sized pieces. Make sure you cut them to uniform sizes as this helps to fry all of them uniformly.
- Transfer the cut chicken to the seasoning and mix well.
- Now add the flour and coat the chicken with the flour.
- Pour the egg or butter milk and mix everything well. Chicken should be very moist at this stage.
- Next transfer the bread crumbs. Mix well. You can also pick up each piece and roll in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil on a medium flame.
- When the oil is hot enough, check by dropping a small piece of bread crumb. It has to rise without browning a lot. 350 to 375 F is the right temperature if you are measuring.
- Drop the pieces one after the other. Do not stir or disturb them for about a minute otherwise the bread crumbs may disperse in oil.
- Deep fry evenly till golden. Keep stirring after a minute or two for even frying.
- Drain popcorn chicken on a kitchen tissue and serve hot with ketchup, sauce or any other dip.
India’s favourite street food, made completely healthy so you can gorge yourself all night long at your kitty party. The goodness of bean sprouts is combined with the flavorful tamarind pulp, mint chutney, chaat masala, and chillies, as well as a generous garnishing of sev and coriander leaves in this low-calorie bhel puri.
- Two cups corn flakes
- An onion (finely chopped)
- A tomato (finely chopped)
- Green chillies as desired
- Lemon juice
- A teaspoon chat masala
- A teaspoon red chilli powder
- A tablespoon tamarind chutney
- A tablespoon mint chutney
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Take a large bowl and add chopped tomatoes, onions, tamarind chutney and green chutney.
- In that sprinkle some lemon juice, salt and chat masala.
- Combine all the ingredients well.
- Next, add crunchy corn flakes and mix properly.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and sev.
- Serve before it gets soggy.
With a plethora of some of the best kitty party snack recipes here, we are confident that we have eased you in a little. So, make these kitty party snacks at home and let us know which one is your favourite in the comments section below.