Aren’t we all pizza lovers? The crispy crust, your best-loved combo of toppings sitting on the bed of cheese and the cheese melt in your mouth on the first bit, (drools)….. don’t you already wanna devour that slice already? As it’s one among the highly desired foods, let’s keep the recipe handy.
Don’t fret – It isn’t rocket science when it comes to preparing the base or the sauce. We have dished out a quick recipe for you.
1. Yeast Prep.
- Take a mixing bowl and add 3 grams of yeast to half a cup of lukewarm water. The temperature of the water is an essential factor as hot water kills yeast which is crucial for the dough to rise. And on the other hand, cold water will not activate the yeast
- To this mixture add one teaspoon of sugar and give it a quick stir.
- Let the mixture remain as such for 10-15 minutes
- If the yeast gets frothy and starts to bubble up, then you’ve done a perfect job !
2. Preparing the dough
- To 1 cup of flour, add 1 teaspoon of salt and 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix them together by adding needed amount of water at regular intervals to form a soft and heavy dough
- Knead the dough with your hands to bring it to the perfect consistency and dust some flour if it seems sticky.
- Proof the dough with a coating of olive oil and cover the bowl with a plastic wrap or napkin
- Let the dough rest for about an hour until it rises.
- Chop 5-6 tomatoes and blend them in a mixer. Make sure the puree is smooth without chunks of raw tomatoes
- In a saucepan, heat 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil and add 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Saute it, until the garlic is well done
- To this add the blended puree and salt as per taste and cook until a sauce-like consistency is achieved.
- Season the pizza sauce with basil, dried oregano, crushed black pepper or any sort of fresh herbs.
4. Let’s bake!
- According to your size preference, divide the raised dough into equal parts.
- Take one portion of the dough and knead it into balls
- Pizza dough is usually stretched, but if you find it difficult use a rolling pin to roll the dough to flatten it to an even base
- Grease the pizza tray with oil and dust a bit of maize flour or just regular flour.
- Transfer the dough gently to the tray and use a fork to prick the dough for a better crust
- Brush the crust with olive oil and spread the pizza sauce in a thin layer
- Bless the crust with huge amounts of grated cheese.( Jk, add cheese according to your preference)
- Personalise the pizza using your favourite toppings : veggies, pepperoni, sausages, shredded chicken etc
- Transfer the pizza tray to the preheated oven and bake for 8-10minutes
Tada! Your home-made pizza is ready. Gobble it down!