How irritating it is to see hair everywhere you go? How infuriating is it to see hair fall at a great pace. Maddening but worrying too, right? How many of you also wonder if your hair keeps falling at this speed, soon you’ll be left with none? Almost all of us, right? Lucky are those who don’t have this issue. But for the ones who face this issue, how many solutions have you tried? And how many of them ACTUALLY worked?
By the way, what are the reasons for hair fall? Ever figured out? Before we move into solutions, let’s look at what could possibly lead to hair fall.
We all are aware of what Thyroid is. But how is thyroid related to hair fall? So basically, when the thyroid gland (the one in front of the neck) either produces excessive thyroid hormone or insufficient amount, it directly leads to the hair growth cycle to change. When this hair growth cycle changes, that is when you may see your hair fall a lot.
Stress is a major concern. It as it is causes a lot of issues out of which one is HAIR FALL. Oh did you know, extreme stress can lead to sudden hair fall that could probably take more than a month to recover. Now imagine! MORE THAN A MONTH OF EXTREME HAIR FALL..!!! Uh-oh!!! This stress is really harming everyone in any manner they can.
- POLYCYSTIC OVARY SYNDROME (PCOS)-
Whenever a woman is suffering from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, she suffers from hormonal imbalance. This hormonal imbalance leads to a lot of side-effects out of which hair fall is a big one. PCOS is something due to which your facial & body hair growth increases and the hair on your head starts thinning.
- BIRTH CONTROL PILLS-
The birth control pills with the help of which your ovulation is suppressed, causes some hormonal imbalance that leads to hair thinning. Not everyone knows this, but every birth control pill differs from each other and a lot of birth control pills cause hair fall. Worst part is if you stop these pills without completing the course and without doctor’s consent, then the sudden change in the hormones too lead to excessive hair fall.
Now what can you do to stop this? Chemical treatment? Medicines? You know, I always have had this fear of some solutions getting backfired! What if there are side-effects of any of these solutions? Ugh! Scary!!!! BUT..!!! One thing that we usually forget is that home remedies don’t backfire. Nada! They always work!
You can always choose home remedies over chemical treatments. Let us see what all you can do to bring this hair fall under control and eventually stop it.
Huh?! “I shampoo my hair regularly!” This is what came to your mind, right? Yes, everyone shampoos their hair regularly, but do you choose your shampoo carefully and wisely? And do you shampoo according to your scalp? What I mean is, we should always know that over washing a dry scalp can lead to excessive hair fall and if you have an oily scalp and you don’t wash it every 3 days, you can notice your hair thinning.
Many of us don’t even apply a conditioner. Yup, that’s true! Most of us don’t even own a conditioner. Did you know that conditioner contains amino acids that help you with controlling your hair fall? It can repair hair damage easily and without any side effects.
- EGG MASK-
Eggs are not only rich in protein, they are rich in sulphur, iodine, zinc, etc. which help in good & strong hair growth. You can prepare an easy hair mask at home.
To prepare the egg mask-
- Separate one egg white in a bowl adding 1 tsp of olive oil and one tsp of honey.
- Beat thoroughly to make a paste.
- Once the paste is ready, apply it gently from your roots to your tips and leave it for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, your hair is ready to get washed. Rinse your hair with a mild shampoo.
- COCONUT MILK-
Coconut milk has protein and fats in it which prevent the hair fall and helps in good hair growth. Question is, how do you prepare coconut milk? To make coconut milk, all you need to do is-
- Take a coconut and grate it.
- Simmer it in a pan for almost 5 minutes.
- Strain it and let it cool for sometime.
- Once it’s cooled down, add one tbsp of crushed black pepper as well as fenugreek seeds to the milk. Your coconut milk is ready to be used.
- Now, all you have to do is apply it on your scalp and hair. Leave it for 20-25 minutes.
- After 0-25 minutes, rinse it with shampoo.
- Make sure you thoroughly wash your hair else you will feel a bit of stickiness.
- GREEN TEA-
Hey, Don’t Worry! You don’t have to drink it. No torture for you, girl! 😀 You are gonna use this green tea on your hair for good hair growth and less hair fall. Confused? Let’s clear it, shall we? So, for all the “diet-freeks”, you know how green tea is rich in antioxidants! These antioxidants help you prevent hair loss! How?
- Firstly, soak 2-3 tea bags in a cup of hot water. You can take more hot water depending on the length of your hair. But do not take a lot of water as well else it will lessen the antioxidants and will have no effect on your hair.
- When it cools down a bit, carefully pour this over your scalp and hair followed by a gentle massage. Leave it on for almost an hour.
- Rinse it with cool water.
- You’ll notice a lot of change in your hair once you start using it!
Oh btw, a pro tip, I know no one wants to face hair fall, but in order to do that, DO NOT, & I repeat, DO NOT try all these experiments at once. Stick to one experiment for at least 2 months to notice the changes. Also, hair fall isn’t something that can be cured overnight, so it’s a friendly suggestion, try to be as patient as possible as it is a slow and a long procedure.